Key Takeaways for THCV vs Delta-8
- THCV and Delta-8 are both cannabinoids.
- THCV is not very intoxicating, and Delta-8 is more so.
- Both have a myriad of potential health benefits.
- You can smoke, vape, or ingest both THCV and Delta-8
If you are just getting into the world of cannabis, then there are probably a lot of cannabinoids that you are unfamiliar with. Sure, you probably know THC and CBD, but that might be it.
The reality is however that there are well over 100 different cannabinoids contained in the hemp and cannabis plants. Two of these cannabinoids are THCV and Delta-8 THC. These are not at all the same things, they have different benefits, different effects, and different molecular structures.
Today, we want to do a side-by-side comparison of THCV and Delta-8 THC to figure out exactly what they are all about, what benefits and facts they have, and what makes them different from each other. Let’s determine whether Delta-8 THC or THCV is the better one for you, or maybe both. This is our Delta-8 vs THCV comparison.
THCV Live Resin + Delta 8 THC Vape Cartridge Forbidden V
What Is THCV?
THCV is an acronym for Tetrahydrocannabivarin, a very rare and special type of THC that is generally only found in landrace Sativa strains. Coming across this cannabinoid is not overly common. Although THC and THCV may share some similarities, particularly in terms of molecular structure, the properties they have are quite different.
CBGVA or cannabigerovarinic acid is the parent molecule of THCV. To make THCV products, the THCV is extracted from hemp plants using a process that is known as chromatography. This helps to separate the different compounds and cannabinoids in the hemp plants so that they can then be easily distracted and processed.
While it may need to be extracted, keep in mind that this is a naturally occurring compound, so it is not man-made or synthesized. Something to remember here is that THCV is not very intoxicating at all. It is thought to be around 25% as potent as regular Delta-9 THC, if even that. Therefore, unless consumed in very high quantities, THCV really shouldn’t have any psychoactive or intoxicating effects.
When consuming high quantities, you may feel a slight sense of euphoria, although this is generally very short-lived and mild. However, it may feel like a mild stimulant. Some people report that it feels like a somewhat weak coffee in terms of feeling uplifted, energetic, and a bit more focused, but without any potential crash caused by caffeine.
Key Benefits of THCV
Although THCV won’t get you high, there are some potential benefits for your health that you may be able to reap from it, so let’s take a quick look.
- Although further studies are required here, there is some evidence that indicates that THCV may be able to help regulate your blood sugar levels. It may have the ability to help restore insulin signaling and reduce glucose intolerance. It may also be able to help improve insulin sensitivity. THC may have potential benefits in terms of your blood sugar.
- THCV may also act as a collagen stimulant. Although there is also more research required on this front, there are indications that THCV may be able to help increase collagen production. This in turn may be able to help strengthen your bones and improve the health of your skin.
- Another big potential benefit of THCV is that it may also be able to help suppress your appetite and help prevent food cravings from occurring. Exactly why this happens is not 100% known, but there are indications that the THCV acts as an appetite suppressant.
- There is also some evidence that THCV may also act as an anti-inflammatory and an analgesic agent, which means that it could help to reduce inflammation and pain in your body.
What is Delta-8?
We then have Delta-8 THC, which is also a naturally occurring compound that is found in hemp and cannabis plants, although usually only in very limited quantities. No, Delta-8 THC is not the same thing as Delta-9 THC. Delta-8 THC is not nearly as psychoactive or intoxicating as Delta-9 THC.
Delta-9 THC features a double bond on the 9th carbon, whereas Delta-8 THC features a double bond on the 8th carbon. Delta-8 THC does still interact with the endocannabinoid system, although due to its slightly different chemical structure when compared to Delta-9 THC, the way it interacts with your mind and body is also a little different.
Keep in mind that Delta-8 THC is naturally occurring, although in such small quantities that it is more economically feasible to derive or synthesize it from CBD. In other words, CBD is taken from hemp plants, which then undergoes a special process known as hydrogenation, to convert it into Delta-8 THC.
Key Benefits of Delta-8
Delta-8 THC is thought to have a variety of potential benefits for the human mind and body. For anybody who likes to relax a little bit, one potential benefit is that Delta-8 THC is of course psychoactive or intoxicating, which means that it will alter your state of mind and make you feel high. Let’s take a quick look at the potential medical benefits that it may have for you.
- One potential benefit is that Delta-8 THC may act as a mood regulator. It may be able to help increase the levels of serotonin and dopamine in the brain, which therefore help to reduce anxious thoughts while producing a sense of happiness, calmness, and relaxation.
- It is also thought that a Delta-8 THC may have the potential to help you sleep better at night. This is the case both because it might be able to help regulate your mood and make you feel less anxious and because it may act as a mild sedative.
- Delta-8 THC may also act as a mild analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent, which means that it may potentially be able to help relieve or reduce inflammation in your body, as well as pain.
Best Ways to Take Delta-8 THC
There are a few different possible ways to consume Delta-8 THC. First and foremost, you can get Delta-8 THC flower, or in other words, actual buds that you can grind, roll, and smoke. If you like the classic feel of smoking, and you want the effect to hit you fast, but not last too long, then this is a great method. This Delta-8 Strawberry Banana Kush is a great strain to try.
Of course, vaporizing is also very popular now. Vaporizing is often considered to be a bit healthier than smoking, plus you can get cannabinoids such as Delta-8 THC in much higher concentrations. This means that vaping Delta-8 THC will likely hit you much faster and harder than smoking it, and it may last a bit longer as well. A great option is this Botany Farms Delta-8 THC Vape Cartridge which might be right for you!
However, both vaporizing and smoking aren’t fantastic for the lungs, so you may want to consider using some kind of edibles or tincture.
Edibles feature a very high absorption rate, so you aren’t going to waste any Delta-8 THC, plus the effects can last for many hours, therefore providing you with the biggest bang for your buck.
Due to the way in which THC is processed by the body, consuming it in the form of an edible will get you much higher than inhaling it. If this sounds like something for you, check out Botany Farms Delta-8 THC Tropical Gummies Mix.
Using a tincture is another option, which is usually applied sublingually or under the tongue. This will generally not take quite as long to take effect as an edible, although the effects also don’t last as long.
Best Ways to Take THCV
Generally speaking, the best ways to take THCV are exactly the same as with Delta-8 THC. There are a few strains that contain decent levels of THCV, plus it is also possible to infuse other strains with THCV.
At the same time, there are also vape cartridges that contain this cannabinoid. You can also find edibles and tinctures that contain THCV as well.
The best ways to take any cannabinoid depend on what you are looking for. If you want a very fast-hitting but short-lived high, inhaling is your best choice, but if you want a very long-lasting high, and the biggest bang for your buck, some form of edible is usually best.
Is THCV the Same as Delta-8?
No, THCV is not the same as Delta-8 THC. Although they are both minor cannabinoids, they have different molecular structures, they interact with your endocannabinoid receptors in different ways, they have different medical benefits, and have different effects on your mind and body.
Is THCV Stronger Than Delta-8?
No, THCV is not stronger than Delta-8 THC. If we compare both of these to Delta-9 THC, which is what most people are used to, THCV is only about 25% as strong as Delta-9 THC, if not less. Delta-8 THC on the other hand is about 50% as strong as Delta-9 THC. Therefore, if you do the math, Delta-8 THC should be at least twice as strong as THCV.
THCV vs Delta-8 Potency
As discussed above, THCV is not nearly as potent as Delta-8 THC. THCV is not known for producing psychoactive effects, at least not in any major way. You would have to consume very high quantities of THCV for you to feel high. If what you are looking for is a psychoactive high, Delta-8 THC is the better choice of the two.
THCV vs Delta-8 Effects
In terms of the effects, Delta-8 THC does produce a bit of a psychoactive high. In general, the effects are very similar to Delta-9 THC, just not nearly as strong or long-lasting. With Delta-8 THC, you may feel both a body high and a cerebral head high. You could feel a bit euphoric, happy, calm, and generally impaired. You may also feel a sense of elation.
Delta-8 THC may also be able to help regulate your mood a little bit, so you may feel a little less anxious and stressed out. At the same time, you may also feel a bit heavy in your body, tingly, have a body buzz, and feel a bit sedated. It’s just like Delta-9 THC, but not nearly as strong.
In terms of THCV, you really shouldn’t feel high at all because it’s not very psychoactive. Most people would compare the effects of THCV to a moderate cup of coffee.
It can make you feel a little energetic, talkative, focused, and creative, without actually impairing your cognitive abilities. At the same time, a big benefit of THCV is that it can help make you feel a little more energetic, but without the negative side effects or the crash often associated with caffeine.
THCV vs Delta-8 Benefits
D8 THC features a few specific benefits, including the potential to relieve pain and inflammation, the potential to help regulate your mood, and the potential to help you sleep better at night.
On the other hand, THCV may be able to help regulate blood sugar levels, it may be able to help spur collagen production, it may act as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent, and it may also help suppress your appetite.
THCV, also known as Tetrahydrocannabivarin, stands out for its intriguing qualities. Unlike its well-known counterpart THC, THCV has shown potential as an appetite suppressant, making it an appealing option for individuals seeking weight management support. Furthermore, THCV’s energizing effects and reported mental clarity offer an alternative cannabis experience for those desiring increased focus and cognitive function during the day. Additionally, preliminary research suggests that THCV might have a role in management of neuroprotection.
Potential THCV Benefits:
- Appetite Suppressant: THCV is known for its potential appetite-suppressing properties. Unlike THC, which often stimulates appetite, THCV has been found to have the opposite effect, making it a promising option for individuals seeking weight management support.
- Energy Boost: THCV is believed to have energizing effects, making it a potential choice for those looking for a cannabis experience that provides increased focus and motivation.
- Mental Clarity: THCV is reported to promote mental clarity and alertness, which can be beneficial for individuals seeking enhanced cognitive function during the day.
On the other hand, Delta-8, a lesser-known cannabinoid, offers its own unique benefits. With its mild psychoactive effects, Delta-8 provides a relaxed and euphoric experience without the intensity often associated with its cousin Delta-9 THC. This makes it an attractive choice for those seeking a more subtle and balanced cannabis encounter. Delta-8 has also been reported to possess anxiolytic properties, potentially helping individuals reduce anxiety and experience a greater sense of calmness and relaxation. Additionally, Delta-8 may offer relief from symptoms such as nausea and vomiting. Its potential as a natural analgesic provides an alternative for those seeking mild to moderate pain relief.
Potential Delta-8 Benefits:
- Mild Psychoactive Effects: Delta-8, similar to Delta-9 THC but with milder potency, can offer users a relaxed and euphoric experience. It can provide a pleasant sense of calm and mental relaxation without the intensity often associated with Delta-9 THC.
- Anxiety Relief: Delta-8 has been reported to have anxiolytic properties, meaning it may help reduce feelings of anxiety and promote a sense of calmness and relaxation.
- Nausea and Vomiting Reduction: Delta-8 may be useful in managing symptoms of nausea and vomiting
- Pain Relief: Like other cannabinoids, Delta-8 may have analgesic properties that can help alleviate mild to moderate pain, providing potential relief for individuals seeking natural alternatives for pain management.
As with any cannabis-derived product, it’s important to note that research is ongoing, and individual experiences may vary. Consulting with a healthcare professional or cannabis specialist who is knowledgeable about your specific health needs and considerations is crucial before incorporating any cannabis-derived products into your routine. The evolving understanding of cannabinoids like THCV and Delta-8 opens up exciting possibilities for harnessing their potential benefits in various aspects of health and wellness.
THCV vs Delta-8 (According to Reddit)
According to Reddit, people like Delta-8 THC mostly for its psychoactive properties, without the paranoia and anxiety that high levels of Delta-9 THC often produce. On the other hand, people generally enjoy THCV, not because it gets them high, but because it can feel a bit energetic and stimulating.
Where to Buy THCV Online
The best place to buy THCV is over at Bobby farms. They cultivate have a great selection of products, with one of the most popular ones being this Pink Panther THCV Live Resin + Delta-8 THC Vape Cartridge.
Where to Buy Delta-8 Online
We recommend Botany Farms as the best place to buy Delta-8 THC, and yes, we have an absolutely fantastic selection for you to check out. This Delta-8 Live Resin Tincture is one great option. You could also try their Botany Farms Delta-8 Godfather OG Pre-Rolls.