6 quick and easy ways that YOU can help save vaping in America
The American vaping industry is under fire from federal regulations that threaten to wipe out nearly 99 percent of all U.S. vaping products in the coming months. Despite the hard work of vaping advocacy groups like the American Vaping Association (AVA) and the Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives Association (CASAA), efforts to repeal the FDA deeming regulations passed in the waning days of the Obama Administration have been unsuccessful.
Likewise, the Cole-Bishop Amendment – legislation previously proposed by Rep. Tom Cole (OK) and Rep Sanford Bishop (GA) to change the predicate date for the deeming regulations – was also killed in Congress. What can YOU do to save vaping? Here are 6 simple ways that take only a couple of minutes each!
6 Ways that you can save vaping
- Contact your elected officials. Thanks to the Internet, contacting your state congresspersons and senators has never been easier. CLICK HERE and then type in your zip code. Instead of writing a lengthy handwritten letter, simply send an email or make a phone call….or both!
- Demand that they support the Hunter Vaping Bill. California’s Rep. Duncan Hunter is a longtime advocate of vaping. He has even gone so far as to pull out his trusty vape pen during a congressional hearing on airplane vaping last year, which has led to his beloved nickname “The Vaping Congressman.” This week, Rep. Hunter is introducing a new bill to the house floor which aims to repeal and replace the FDA deeming regulations with new legislation that is significantly more vaping-friendly. It’s called The Cigarette Smoking Reduction and Electronic Vapor Alternatives Act or H.R.2194. Demand that your elected officials support the bill’s passage.
- Contact the White House. While you’re at it, why not give Donald Trump a shout, too. Trump and the GOP are aggressively pursuing the overturning of many Obama-era policies and legislation. It wouldn’t take much to convince Trump of the need to repeal and replace the FDA deeming regulations, as well. But he won’t repeal them if he doesn’t know about them. CLICK HERE to contact the White House via private message! Or call Donald Trump on the bat-phone by dialing (202) 456-1111 or the alternate number: (202) 456-1414.
- Sign the petition to repeal and replace the FDA deeming regulations. There are several that can be easily Googled online, but CLICK HERE to sign one that Vapes.com supports actively.
- Register to Vote! You no longer have to make a trip to the Post Office in order to register to vote. The Internet makes the entire process quick and pain-free. CLICK HERE to register to vote instantly. Your registration card will be sent to you in the mail within days.
- Join a Vaping Advocacy Group. Groups like the AVA and CASAA are on the front lines of the War on Vaping. They are often the very first organizations to spread the word about upcoming political rallies and other events in your area. See below for a short list of some of the more popular and most politically-connected Vaping Advocacy Groups in the United States.
- AVA (American Vaping Association)
- CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives Association)
- SFATA (Smoke-Free Alternatives Trade Association)
- SEVIA-USA (Shenzhen E-Vapor Industry Association)
- American E-Liquid Manufacturing Standards Association (AEMSA)
- Electronic Vaping Coalition of America
- Not Blowing Smoke
- Right To Be Smoke Free Coalition
- Or Google Vaping Advocacy Groups in your state or hometown.
There are so many things that you can do to help save vaping in America, and the above list is just a sampling. Each of the vaping advocacy groups also have a Facebook and Twitter site. So, sign up and share their posts with your friends and family. Help educate the average non-smoker/non-vaper on the many health benefits of vaping vs. smoking.
Current research by such world-class institutions as the UK Royal College of Physicians have published scientific evidence proving that vaping is 95 percent healthier and safer than smoking. CLICK HERE to view the scientific study published online. Share it with your friends and family on social media. Or copy the link into your emails to congresspersons, senators, and good, old Donald Trump!
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author's and do not necessarily represent the viewpoints, policy or company position of Vapes.com, the rest of our staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.